Tuesday, July 6, 2010

World Cup, Planting Corn, and a Brand Value Index

The Brand Value Index we are working on has been challenging, but I have been learning a great deal about CSR practices around the world.  By the end of the summer, we hope to have applied the model to twelve companies in three sectors across four different countries.   

Over the past week and a half, I've also discovered the vast differences between interning in Mexico and interning in the U.S.  For example, when Mexico is playing in a world cup game, everything else comes to a standstill. 

It has been great watching the games here and I must say I have become a fan of Mexican football (soccer).  The France-Mexico game was one of the highlights of my trip so far.  After the game we went downtown to the city center where everyone was celebrating.  Unfortunately the outcome of the game on Sunday against Argentina was not the same but I still say, "Vive Mexico!"

I have also spent some time while interning here planting corn and tending to my boss’ animals.  He has three chickens, one turkey, two rabbits, and four dogs.  Again not something that is typical to an internship in D.C., but here it is all part of the “Mexican experience.”  Within a week’s time the corn we planted has already sprouted to the surface and is continuing to grow!

1 comment:

  1. You're a farmer in the dell - I love it! Great pictures also.

    ReplyDelete