Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Week

ES Global brings three to four interns down to Cuernavaca Mexico every summer to support its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) practice. This summer there are three of us working on a Brand Value CSR Index that ES Global has developed in-house. I arrived in Cuernavaca after only being back in DC for five minutes but strangely enough I immediately felt at home. I was picked up from the bus station by one of my co-workers and we went to the office where I met the staff and fellow interns. Afterward, we went next door to where our apartments are conveniently located and Carlos, who runs the bed and breakfast style apartments (pictured right), showed me where I will be living for the next two months. He spoke to me only in Spanish, but spoke slowly enough that, even with my rusty Spanish, I was able to understand him.

Three coworkers from our office took us out after work the following Friday and we experienced the Cuernavaca nightlife; we went to a local watering hole where we drank Micheladas, a classic Mexican drink. On Saturday we went to a friend's birthday party at Lake Tequesquitengo. The lake (pictured left) was absolutely massive, and we were told that when the water level gets low you can see top of a steeple from an old church that lies below the lake.

All in all it was a perfect end to my first week in Cuernavaca Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment